There’s a single word that encompasses all the riches we find in Christ: grace. God’s grace is inexhaustible and boundless. We are saved by grace (Ephesians 2:8) and in grace we stand (Romans 5:2). Grace upholds our salvation, gives us victory in temptation, and helps us endure suffering and pain. Please join us as we discover limitless living through Jesus.
1. God's grace saves us from our sins. Many characters in the New Testament might have thought they were lost forever, but God's grace covers all sins, no matter how big or bad. Which character in the New Testament helps you understand that God can forgive even sins we think are unforgivable? How so?
2. God's grace saves us through Christ's sacrifice. Pick ONE Bible verse that touches your heart about this monumental sacrifice and explain what it means to you.
3. In what way is grace a free gift? In what way is it not?
4. If grace is a free gift from God, and we cannot earn it, why then do we increase in grace by doing good works ?
5. On the surface it looks like these verses in Romans are telling us that we should do more evil so we can receive more of God's grace, What are your thoughts on what they are really teaching?
The Law came in so that the transgression would increase; but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more,
What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin so that grace may increase?
6. What difference, in a practical sense, does it make if we understand the teaching of grace and righteousness in the book of Romans? If we have the knowledge and understanding, what difference should it make in how we live?