The Bible could have just a single description of God or a single image of God or a single name for God. But instead, the Bible contains dozens of different images for God, each one of which captures a small portion of who God truly is. By considering these various images together, we begin to develop a better overall picture of God’s true identity.
What do we know about God’s nature?
- God is spirit (John 4:24)
- God is the Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Matthew 3:16-17)
- God is eternal (1 Timothy 1:17)
- God is incomparable (2 Samuel 7:22)
- God is unchanging (Malachi 3:6)
- God is everywhere (Psalms 139:7-12)
- God knows everything (Psalms 147:5)
- God is all powerful (Job 11:7-10)
- God is the creator (Psalms 33:6)
What do we know about God’s character?
- God is just (Acts 17:31)
- God is loving (Ephesians 2:4-5)
- God is truth (John 14:6)
- God is holy (1 John 14:6)
- God is holy (1 John 1:5)
- God is compassion (2 Corinthians 1:3)
- God is mercy (Romans 9:15)
- God is grace (Romans 5:17)
- God judges sin (Psalms 5:5)
- God offers forgiveness (Psalms 130:4)
What has God done? What is He doing?