Putting All the Fundamentals TogetherDiscussion Questions
Below are the discussion questions we will be reviewing in our study on Wednesday night (04/06/2016, 6pm at the church building). Please review the below and be prepared to discuss them this Wednesday. If you would like to read a summary of the sermon, or watch the video, please click here.
- When we read Matthew 28:19, what is it that we are being asked to do? Are we wrong if, every time we talk to someone new, we do not tell them about what Christ has done?
- What scriptural support can you find for the idea of responsibility and ownership in a Christian's life?
- List some ways you can take ownership of the local congregation, of your relationships with other Christians, and of your own spiritual growth.
- Apart from a selfish thought, if something is free, is it truly free, or did someone do something to make it free for you?
- Why do we often fail to surrender all areas of our lives to God? Share an area that you are struggling to surrender in.
- How would you distinguish between an initial point of surrender to Christ, and an ongoing, lifelong process of surrender in a believer's life? What is the connection between the two?