What motivates us to be better parents, better husbands, better wives, or better friends? It’s love. God’s word provides a powerful picture of the only motivation we need. Please join us as we discover limitless living through Jesus.
1. What difference does it make whether a person believes or doesn’t believe that God loves him or her?
2. What does it mean to you personally that Jesus is your Advocate and the propitiation (atonement) for your sins (1 John 2:1-2)? How does knowing that about Him take your love and appreciation for Jesus to a deeper place?
3. Some people are easier to love than others. What strategies can we use those who are ‘less loveable?
4. Explain the meaning of the Greek words used for love in the New Testament; Phileo, Agape, Storge, and one not used in the Bible but used a lot in Greek, Eros. Which is hardest for you to show? Why?
5. Love is not selfish. How do we balance putting others before ourselves and at the same time, taking care of our own needs?
6. How can a loving God be the same God that killed so many in the Old Testament? How can a loving God send so many to Hell for eternity? How do we reconcile these ideas?