A Transformed Life - It Starts in the Heart
Below are the discussion questions we will be reviewing in our study on Wednesday night (4/27/2016, 6pm at the church building). Please review the below and be prepared to discuss them this Wednesday. If you would like to read a summary of the sermon, or watch the video, please click here.
- Why does transformation need to start with the Heart?
- Why is the truth of God’s word so important for transformation?
- How are the things you are filling your mind with hurting or helping you achieve better mental health?
- How do you personally need to change the way you think? List some ways the Bible can help.
- “4 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.” 2 Corinthians 10:5 (NIV) . . . Name a few “strongholds,” and then discuss ways to destroy the lies that we might be enticed to believe.
- We focus our minds on the right things by thinking about Jesus, thinking about others and thinking about eternity. Which one of these thought patterns represents the most difficult struggle for you? Why?