A Transformed Life - Physical Transformation
Below are the discussion questions we will be reviewing in our study on Wednesday night (5/11/2016, 6pm at the church building). Please review the below and be prepared to discuss them this Wednesday. If you would like to read a summary of the sermon, or watch the video, please click here.
- While most major translations of the Bible don’t specifically use the word stress, Scripture does speak to things such as anxiety, worry and trouble and gives us clear answers on how we should deal with them. Share the most encouraging verses that help you overcome stress and explain how they help you.
- Do you think the stress in your life might be a symptom of something deeper? If so, what is it and how can you start to overcome it?
- How is it possible for us to have the attitude in Philippians 4:6-7? What needs to change in your life for that to be a reality?
- Stress is a natural part of life. How we deal with it is what matters the most. How do you deal with stress? Is it healthy?
Thought Question: Since our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 6:19) can we:
- Be fat?
- Be out of shape?
- Drink alcohol?
- Do drugs?
- Work too much?
- Get tattoos?
- Have plastic Surgery?
- Participate in things that damage our body prematurely (MMA Fighter, Boxer, Pro Football . . . .)?
- What else do you think we should be careful of in light of 1 Corinthians 6:19?